Defence Bank maintains a vigilant watch on member transactions in an effort to detect any possible fraud. If we suspect something in regard to your account, we will make every effort to contact you to verify these transactions.
Help us help you by adhering to the following measures:
- Always keep personal information in a safe place
- Never pre-sign cheques
- Place a padlock on your letterbox to guard against theft
- Dispose of correspondence carefully. If possible, shred documents that contain personal information
- Do not leave items such as your driver's licence, wallet, credit cards or car registration in the glovebox of your car
- Inform all your financial institutions of any address changes immediately
- Report any identity fraud to the police, as well as Defence Bank.
Refer to our DPS brochure for full details.