Balance is important
We understand our staff lead increasingly busy lifestyles, juggling both their position at Defence Bank with outside commitments such as family, sport and relaxation. It’s important for us to support a healthy balance between these demands wherever possible. Staff entitlements include:
- personal leave of 10 days a year (full-time entitlement) to assist in the recovery of personal illness/injury or to care for an immediate family or household member
- part-time working hours depending on the business needs of the location/department.
Learning and development
Our Human Resources team consists of dedicated learning and development professionals whose primary role is the ongoing development of staff. Training programs include:
- a structured induction program for all staff
- ongoing refresher training
- six-monthly supervisor development training
- specialised Home Loan Consultant Training
- ongoing management development.
Staff are also encouraged to undertake further study in approved courses through paid study assistance and study/exam leave.
Enjoying the job you do and the people you work with is integral to ensuring a high level of satisfaction and engagement. Having fun is also an important part of creating an ideal working environment.
We conduct regular Occupational Health and Safety Inspections to ensure all our workplaces are safe and all staff can take advantage of an annual workplace flu vaccination. Staff may also enjoy the following benefits:
- banking benefits
- corporate wardrobe allowance
- superannuation salary sacrifice
- casual days
- study assistance
- an additional day's leave at Christmas.
Rewards and recognition
Defence Bank actively supports programs that serve to recognise hard work and effort. Staff engagement and retention are key factors to our ongoing success as a business. Some of the programs in place include:
- 'Appreciate', our staff benefits program, where benefits received grow each year
- GEM Awards – our monthly ‘Going the Extra Mile’ reward program – with two staff members recognised and rewarded by the Executive Management Team, receiving payment towards a celebratory meal and an extra day's leave
- Employee Candidate Referrals program, which rewards staff members for making recommendations of successful candidates for vacant positions
- Life Event program, where gifts are given for major life events such as marriage or the birth of a child.
Defence Bank also actively supports our community with one day's paid leave available for staff participating in raising funds for our chosen charity, the Defence Bank Foundation.