- Defence Bank takes out seven WeMoney Banking Awards.
- Recognition of Defence Bank’s unique relationship with the men and women of Australia who devote themselves to military service.
- Winner WeMoney Defence Services Bank of the Year 2022.
- Winner of Best Low-Rate Credit Card and Outstanding Customer Service – Credit Cards 2022.
- Winner Car Loans - Lender of the Year (Defence Services), Outstanding Customer Service and Best for Quality 2022.
- Winner of Best Transaction Account 2022.
Defence Bank has taken out seven WeMoney Banking Awards, including Defence Services Bank of the Year 2022.
Commenting on the awards, Defence Bank Chief Executive David Marshall said:
“The men and women of the Australian Defence Forces (ADF) lead a unique life like no other and we take great pride in supporting their commitment with quality banking products and services that suit their needs.
“We are absolutely thrilled to win Defence Services Bank of the Year 2022 along with a number of other awards, including Lender of the Year (Defence Services) - Car loans, best low-rate credit card and Best Transaction Account Award.
“We’ve worked hard to be the bank that clearly understands the unique life and commitment of the defence community and this understanding underpins everything we do. It drives us daily to deliver effortless banking to support their busy lives.”
“We are particularly proud of our Defence Bank Foundation Credit Card which won the Best Low-Rate Credit Card and Outstanding Customer Service Award.
“It has an introductory rate of just 3.99% p.a. for six months before reverting to one of Australia’s lowest ongoing rates of 8.99% p.a. Anyone paying 20% or more in 2023 really needs to look elsewhere as a matter of urgency.
It also supports via an annual donation from the annual fee, veterans living with post-traumatic stress disorder PTSD, by providing specially trained assistance dogs.
Defence Bank awards are listed below:
Judges considered criteria such as affordability and fees, transparency, flexibility and customer experience with Defence Bank coming out on top for customer service, product quality and value.
These awards also highlight for Australian consumers that they can get a better deal across a range of banking products as they move into 2023.