One of Australia’s lowest interest rates.
A low-interest rate is just the start to saving you money. A range of other key features keeps you in control of your money. For home, Tap&Go contactless payments are ready to go. While shopping online, it’s good to know Visa is accepted worldwide, has 24/7 monitoring for suspicious or fraudulent activity, and card controls which let you enable/disable features on-the-spot.
- 3.99% p.a. six month introductory rate on balance transfers, purchases and cash advances.*
- 8.99% p.a. ongoing rate on purchases and cash advances.
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Same low rate for purchases and cash advances.
- Additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- Compatible with digital wallets from Apple, Fitbit, Garmin, Google and Samsung.
- Winner of WeMoney's 'Best Low Rate Credit Card' award two years in a row - 2022 and 2023.
- Winner of Mozo’s 'Low-Rate Credit Card' award two years in a row - 2021 and 2022.
- Winner of WeMoney's 2022 'Outstanding Customer Service - Credit Cards' award.
One of Australia’s greatest causes.
Half of the annual $45 card fee is donated to the Defence Bank Foundation - a charity whose sole beneficiary is Defence Community Dogs. This needed and welcomed cause provides specially-trained assistance dogs like Bruce (the handsome face featured on the card) to veterans living with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
A credit card that gives back.
Australia’s Defence Bank has a strong and proud record of serving and supporting those who protect us. The new Defence Bank Foundation Visa Credit card provides a tangible way for all Australians to give back to the Defence community.
The Community Dogs’ program changes lives through assistance dogs at no cost to veterans. Under the program, rescue dogs are trained in correctional facilities before being presented to veterans - providing a second chance for the dogs, inmates and veterans.