Get extra Online Banking security with Symantec™ Validation & ID Protection (VIP).
At Defence Bank, we are always looking for ways to protect our members from online fraud and to make your online banking experience as secure as possible.
What is VIP Access?
Get additional online banking security with Symantec™ Validation & ID Protection (VIP) Access for Mobile. VIP Access is a free online security App that you can download to your mobile phone or tablet.
How does VIP Access work?
VIP Access helps protect your accounts and your identity by providing a higher level of security when you conduct transactions from within Defence Bank online banking.
VIP Access provides a dynamic security code from your device or a push verification to your device that you use with your existing online banking login and password. VIP Access allows you to use your mobile phone as a security token. It’s simple and easy to use, and operates anywhere in Australia and overseas.
Once set up, you will continue to log into online banking using your current member number and password. Any secondary transaction authentication (TA) password/s that you previously required to complete a banking transaction will be generated on your VIP Access App. In addition to enhanced security, you’ll receive the added convenience of no longer needing to remember your secondary TA password.
Note: Carrier charges may apply for download and activation. A mobile data plan with Internet access is required. Once installed VIP Access will function as a stand alone app that does not require web or phone access to operate.
You can also use VIP Access at VIP member sites such as eBay, PayPal, E*TRADE, or any one of the hundreds of sites within the VIP Network.
For new users wishing to register for VIP Access, please follow these instructions.
Can I transfer VIP Access to another device?
If you buy a new device, or lose your phone, you cannot transfer VIP Access to your new device. You will receive a new credential ID and need to re-register VIP Access, to do this contact Defence Bank on 1800 033 139.
How to setup VIP Access:
- On your mobile phone or tablet, you will need to install VIP Access. You can do this by going to the Apple App Store or the Google Play store and download the VIP Access App for free, or alternatively by going to m.vip.symantec.com in your mobile web browser. You will need Internet access on your mobile phone.
- Login to Defence Bank Online Banking using your usual password.
- Click on the Settings Icon on the top menu. This will expand the menu.
- From the expanded menu select the ‘Register VIP Access’ icon.
- Enter your current TA (Transaction Authentication) password.
- A screen will appear asking you to Register your VIP Access. Open the VIP Access App on your phone. Enter the credential ID of your device. This number appears when you open the VIP Access App.
- Following the onscreen instructions enter the Security Code from your device. Wait 30 seconds then enter the Second Security code.
- You are now registered with Symantec™ Validation & ID Protection (VIP) and your VIP Access App is registered to your account.
If you need assistance with setting up or syncing your VIP Access App, please call us on 1800 033 139, 8am-6pm AEST/AEDT weekdays.
Please email [email protected] for all enquiries outside of these hours.