The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is the code of practice for Australia’s customer-owned banking institutions which has been developed in close consultation with a wide range of stakeholders, including government and consumer groups.
At Defence Bank, our members can have the confidence in knowing they are covered by a bank committed to fair, secure and responsible banking.
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is underpinned by the following seven key promises. These promises are the principles that form the basis of the Code, informing all other provisions and obligations.
- We will deliver banking services in the interests of our customers.
- We will obey the law.
- We will not mislead or deceive.
- We will act honestly and fairly.
- We will offer products and services that are fit for general purpose.
- We will deliver services with reasonable care and skill.
- We will contribute to our community.