Don’t risk this festive season, read this article for some tips on how you can stay safe online when shopping or using banking services.
The following tips have been supplied to enable you to assist Defence Bank to protect your funds when using Online Banking.
- Ensure you run the latest anti-virus and anti-spyware software at all times.
- Defence Bank will never ask for your Online Banking password.
- Be on the lookout for suspicious emails or messages, and think before clicking on links or opening attachments.
- Ensure you are dealing with the correct site - defencebank.com.au - by logging in directly from your browser.
- Change your password often (do not use obvious options, especially birth dates).
- Do not disclose or keep a record of your password.
- Never let anyone see you logging in.
- Ensure you log out and close down at the end of your Online Banking session, particularly if you are using a common access computer.
- When you login to Online Banking, confirm your last login details (found on the Welcome screen).
- If you feel your Online Banking security has been compromised, contact Defence Bank immediately on 1800 033 139 or visit your local branch to arrange a new password.
Some valuable online resources you can use to keep safe online and avoid scams.