Defence Bank is committed to providing Members with the best possible service. If at any time you feel we have not met your expectations, or you have a complaint about any of our products or services, please let us know so we can work towards a resolution. We will endeavour to deal with your complaint promptly, thoroughly and fairly.
How to make a complaint and the complaints process.
If you have a complaint, you can lodge this with us via one of the following methods:
- by visiting your local branch;
- calling our Contact Centre on 1800 033 139;
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (for the attention of the Complaints Officer);
- sending us a direct message on one of our social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter; or,
- writing to us at the following address:
The Complaints Officer
PO Box 14537
Melbourne VIC 8001
In lodging a complaint with us, we will usually need your full name, member number (if applicable), contact details, a short description of your complaint and your desired resolution for us to help you.
If you need further help with the complaints process, contact us using any of the above channels and we will try to assist you.
Keeping you informed.
When you lodge a complaint with us, we will acknowledge this to you within one business day of receiving this. We will provide this to you either at the time you lodge your complaint or via the channel that you have indicated as your preferred method of communication.
During the time that a complaint is under further investigation we may also contact you to request further information to assist us in completing our review.
Based upon our investigation, we will advise you of the outcome of our investigation into your complaint and the reasons for our decision within 30 days.
In certain circumstances, the timeframe for us to investigate and respond to a complaint will vary from the 30 day period outlined above. Should this apply to your particular complaint, we will advise you of this at the time we acknowledge receipt of your complaint.
In advising you of the outcome of our investigation, the response provided to you in writing will include the following:
- the reasons for the decision;
- the information that was reviewed to assist in determining our decision;
- the further actions that Bank has or may take in response to the complaint raised; and,
- further action you may consider taking in response.
Still not satisfied?
If you are not satisfied with the final outcome of your complaint, or if we fail to resolve your complaint within 30 days, you may pursue the matter further with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
You can submit a complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority via one of the following methods:
- on their website at www.afca.org.au;
- by emailing them at email@example.com;
- by calling them on 1800 931 678; or,
- in writing to:
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
Changes to the complaints process.
We may make changes to the above information and the linked Internal Dispute Resolution Policy from time to time (without notice to you) that are necessary for our business requirements or the law. Our current Internal Dispute Resolution Policy is available to download here.