Don’t panic, control is in your hands. Whether your credit or debit card is lost or stolen you can lock and deactivate it using Online Banking or our award-winning banking app.
Using Online Banking.
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Select 'Services' from the top menu.
- Select the 'Card Management' icon.
- Enter your one-time password or VIP security code.
- Choose to report your card as lost or stolen or block it temporarily.
Using our banking app.
- Open the Defence Bank app.
- Tap on the 'Cards' icon.
- Enter your app PIN.
- Tap the relevant card image in card management and choose whether you lock your card temporarily or cancel the card.
Please note our Quick Cards functionality is only available in our app. Quick Cards allows you to get a new digital card to use straight away while waiting for your physical replacement card to arrive.
We have a range of card management options in the Defence Bank app such as card alerts, PIN change and payment controls which can help you manage your cards. Find out more.
Don’t have access to Online Banking or our banking app?
Please immediately call the Cardholder Lost and Stolen Card hotline on 1800 648 027 - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
You can also contact Defence Bank directly on 1800 033 139, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm AEST/AEDT.
If you are overseas and your card is lost or stolen, please report it immediately by placing a collect call to Visa International through your local operator on +1 443 641 2004. On receipt of your notification, your card will be cancelled immediately.