Many people choose to change this PIN to something they find more memorable. However, before you make this change, read the following don'ts so your new PIN is safe and secure.
- Don't repeat numbers – like 1111 or 2244.
- Don't use consecutive sequences of numbers like 1234 or 5678.
- Don’t choose your birthday or anniversary for you, your spouse or your family.
- Don’t use a number from any form of identification that you keep with you in your wallet.
- Don’t use any part of your address or telephone number.
- Don’t reuse the same PIN (however tempting). Having a different PIN for each of your accounts reduces risk so they can’t all be immediately accessed if your PIN is compromised.
- Avoid numbers such as 2580 - it’s the numbers in a row down the middle of the phone keypad.
- Avoid 5683 - it spells love.
- Avoid 0852 - it’s the numbers in a row up the middle of a phone keypad.
Have you downloaded our app?
To use the app, simply download it from the App Store or Google Play and sign in with your member number and Online Banking password. You’ll then be prompted to create a four-digit app PIN, making logging in convenient.
Important note: This information is of a general nature and is not intended to be relied on by you as advice in any particular matter. You should contact us at Defence Bank to discuss how this information may apply to your circumstances.